Friday, February 19, 2016

The Relationship You have With Yourself Sets the Tone For How You Expect Others to Love You

"The pictures on the right were me just a few years ago It definitely wasn't easy becoming this woman I once prayed about. I went through a LOT of heartbreaks, sleepless nights, tears, and fears to get here, but the important thing is I GOT HERE. Whenever I look in the mirror (even if I'm in sweats, or second day makeup) I ALWAYS see the woman on the left. You don't have to like or accept meBut you WILL respect me. I worked WAY too hard to become this woman to accept anything less then the respect I'm willing to give myself. It took me 26 years to love the reflection in my mirror... I don't have that kind of time to convince anyone else. So you can either rock with me, or kick rocks and #ChargeItToTheGame" 
I originally posted this picture and caption to my Instagram page, and I was surprised at the reaction I received to my moment of transparency. I posted this because I wanted others to know that I was comfortable with myself whether or not they agreed, and I was shocked to see just how many women posted some of the most beautiful selfies I had ever seen, yet in my inbox were honest about how much they hated the woman they had to look at in the mirror everyday. It hurt to know that, and it hurt even more because I had once been that woman. 
"If you don't love yourself, how can you ever expect it from anyone else," was something that I couldn't answer when my grandmother originally asked me. However, I knew it was crucial for helping me step in the right direction. So now I want to ask you that same thing, "How can you expect anyone to love you - when you don't even love you?"

Moral of the Story: Once YOU believe that YOU ARE that woman you portray on social media, the world won't know what to do with you. xo.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Keaidy Bennett